About 1 1/2 cups curry; 3/4 cup rice
|Saturated fat||3.5 g|
Fill up on this brain-boosting comfort food
Add to Shopping List
1 can (15 oz)
1 peeled and cut into 1/2- to 1-inch chunks
1/2 lb, trimmed and chopped
1 cut into strips
1 lb, skinned and cut into 1-inch chunks
- In medium saucepan, combine rice and 1 3/4 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside, covered, while you make the curry.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger, and cook until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, curry, and turmeric and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add coconut milk and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Add sweet potato, cover, lower heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add green beans and bell pepper, cover, and simmer until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add salmon and spinach. Cook until salmon is cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in lime juice and remove from heat. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
- Fluff rice with fork and scoop about 3/4 cup each into four bowls or deep plates. Top with 1/4 portion of curry and sprinkle with basil or cilantro, if using.