1 1/2 cups
|Saturated fat||1.7 g|
This veggie-packed pasta dish is simple to make and will leave you feeling satisfied
Add to Shopping List
12 oz whole-wheat or whole-grain
1 Tbsp, optional, to garnish
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta to al dente, according to package directions. Save 1/4 cup pasta water when draining.
- Meanwhile, heat large skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts and cook, shaking skillet occasionally, until toasted, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove nuts from skillet to cool and return skillet to medium-high heat. Add oil and heat until hot. Add chard and cook until leaves begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook until tomatoes have softened and garlic is fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Stir in cooked pasta. To thin out sauce, add reserved pasta water. Divide among 6 serving bowls and top each with 1 Tbsp pine nuts and more red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Handy Hint: Up the protein in this dish by substituting edamame or black bean pasta.