Add to Shopping List
1 and 1/2 Tbsp
1 (8 oz) container
- Heat the oven to 400F. On a baking sheet, toss the tomatoes with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Spread the tomatoes in one layer and sprinkle with the oregano; add salt and pepper to taste. Roast until the tomatoes are soft and blistered, about 30 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to broil.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, prepare the quinoa per the package directions in an oven-safe medium saucepan. Remove from the heat, add the mozzarella, and stir well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and heat until hot but not smoking. Add the bell pepper and onion and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and heat until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Top the quinoa evenly with the roasted tomatoes and mozzarella. Broil until the mozzarella is melting and browning in spots, about 3 to 5 minutes. Divide the quinoa evenly among four bowls and top with the peppers and onions, mushrooms, fresh basil, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes (if using).