High in fiber and a good source of iron and vitamin C—there's so much to love about this healthy and vibrant salad
For Lentil Bowl:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- On baking sheet, toss cauliflower, tomatoes, and potato with oil, pepper, and salt. Scatter on baking sheet (using a second one, if necessary). Bake until vegetables are browned and beginning to crisp, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make chickpea sauce. Combine all chickpea sauce ingredients in blender and puree until completely smooth. For a thinner sauce, add more water as desired. Set aside.
- Heat lentils in small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- While lentils heat, coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Crack each egg into skillet, taking care not to break yolks. Lightly sprinkle each with salt. Cook until whites are just set and yolks are still soft, about 3 minutes.
- Divide roasted vegetables evenly among 4 bowls. For each: add 1/2 cup lentils, drizzle 1 Tbsp chickpea sauce, put 1 egg, and top with 1 Tbsp feta.
Handy Hint: This chickpea sauce freezes nicely and can be doubled, making it a great candidate for sprucing up leftover vegetables for a quick side dish any night of the week. But this lentil bowl is tasty even without the sauce; but if you skip the sauce, consider adding 1/4 tsp salt to the lentils when heating.