|Saturated fat||0.9 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0.3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||0.7 g|
Gravy-drenched comfort food gets a much-needed healthy makeover with ground turkey, white beans, and whole-grain buns.
Add to Shopping List
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon
1 15-ounce can
1 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs with milk and allow to soak for 5 minutes.
- Mix in turkey, beans, 1/2 onion, herbs, and egg whites. Combine well and form into golf ball-sized meatballs (you may have to use your hands).
- Lightly spray a large baking sheet with oil. Bake meatballs for 25 minutes.
- To make the gravy: In a saucepan on medium heat, brown mushrooms and 1/2 onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs and broth. Cook over high heat for 18 minutes, stirring occasionally. For creamier texture, pulse gravy in the blender.
- Toast buns, if desired. Add 3 Swedish meatballs to each, top with gravy, and serve immediately. Store desired amount of leftovers for later use.
- Handy Hint: Serve your sliders bun-less to save 140 calories and reduce sodium. Plus, opt for the leanest turkey you can find to cut nearly 16 grams of fat.